Wednesday 3 September 2014

Artisan Q&A.... Claire Woodcock

This weeks Artisan Q&A is with Claire Woodcock our Chershire artisan. Claire has been in the artisan team since 2012 and is based in Crewe.




1. When did you first qualify?
I first qualified in August 2004, completing manicure, pedicure, Acrylic and Gel nails and shortly after converted to EzFlow where I re-qualified and learnt a hell of a lot more about nails than on the previous course!

2. What was your first industry Job?
My first industry job was being a self-employed mobile nail technician, which I was only planning on doing for a couple of years until my young children went to school and I got a "proper" job again! (That was 10 years ago!)

3. What is your favourite Be Creative product & why?
My favourite BC product is the pigments. If I had to be pinned down it would be the chameleon pigments especially as they are so versatile.

4. Who are industry heroes?
My personal industry hero is Antony Buckley. He was my mentor when I first converted to EzFlow in my early career and trained me through to educator status in 2008. I could still sit and watch him work all day and whenever I see him I learn something new!

5. What is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is Blue because there are so many beautiful shades within the colour and I feel it is a very natural, calming colour.

6. What's your favourite all time film? 
It's difficult to pick a favourite film as I'm a bit of a film buff and I love so many! It really depends what mood I'm in but a film I could watch over and over and love it more each time is Pulp Fiction. And Mary Poppins!

7. Where you see your self in 5 years time?
In 5 years time I hope to be doing a similar thing to my position now, running a reputable, successful salon and educating technicians to reach their full potential. I always feel so proud when I see a tech I've trained making a success of their business.

8. Name your favourite holiday destination?
I haven't had the opportunity to travel to many places in the world and there are so many destinations I'd love to visit but my favourite so far has been Barcelona.

9. What inspires you?
Dedication and determination inspire me, this can be in any field, not just the nail industry. Anyone who beats things against all odds are the ones I look up to.

10. Tell us something interesting about you we don't already know.
I love any kind of live performance, theatre, music etc but I regularly go and see a Royal Shakespeare Company performance as my little treat to myself!


To see more of Claire's winning nail art and find out about the Be Creative workshops she offers check out our facebook page here or you can email her directly here 

No comments:

Post a Comment